Sunday, July 28, 2013

It's official!! We are home schooling!



It's Official!! 
 We are going to home school this year!

I have to tell you, it is really hard to be a parent sometimes! I know we all struggle with what is the right thing to do. We have to make decisions that we don't like to make, what if we are wrong??  Will we screw up our kids forever???    You know you have had that thought too!!  
Well, our decision to home school was one of those decisions that we second guessed about a million times!  I just kept feeling this is what God was telling me to do.  My husband was not convinced.

Let me take a few steps backwards, in the last few months of school last year, it was announced that our small private Catholic school was going to close due to financial reasons.  We were devastated.  4 of our 5 children attended school there for the past 6 years.  My 13 yr old son has Aspergers.  He was diagnosed in the 3rd grade. He thrived at this school.  He had 9 kids in his class and they all loved him! Putting him into a public school was completely out of the question.  My 11 yr old son and my soon to be 10 yr old daughter had never been to any other school.  All their friends were there and they loved to the small class sizes.  My 8 yr old daughter has ADHD and Aspergers.  She also had never attended another school.  She was just starting to excel. Before we got her diagnosis she struggled academically.  I finally convinced my husband to let me give it shot.  Please pray for me and for my family as we start this journey!  

I have attended a few home school meetings, and have meet some really wonderful people.  I have met several moms with Asperger kids that have turned to home schooling and just love it! I just know in my heart this is the right thing for my children, and I look forward to meeting many other families in the same situation.  

I am excited to start this new chapter in our lives!  I would love to hear from you if you are home schooling... any advice???   



No comments:

Post a Comment