Monday, May 27, 2013

An ADHD Memorial Day!

Memorial Day 2013

So we decided to attempt to put up our trampoline today.  We have had it for a couple months.  However we are not the most "handy" family around!  

here we are putting together the frame and legs, then we started putting the mat on...  the jumpy part as I like to call it!  


After getting all the springs attached, we realized we didn't quite line up the door.  So we had to take it all off and shift the mat/safety net about 6 notches over.  Not so much fun!!  But after several hours we finally got it all together!!!  


I have to say, this has been a great day.  We all helped to put together the trampoline, even though it took was longer then it should have, we have all enjoyed to fruits of our labors!  The kids are still out there jumping like monkeys and its getting pretty late!!  

As much fun as it was to put together (sarcasm sign here) I am so thankful for this wonderful toy!  As you may know, my youngest daughter has ADHD and Aspergers. (Yes that is two of my babies with Aspergers.)  She has trouble focusing long enough to do daily things like get dressed, brush her teeth, eat breakfast/lunch/dinner without medication.  I am not very fond of medication, so we I can find other alternatives that can help her, I get very excited!!  I have often heard/read that kids with sensory issues can excel with sensory input.  She has been bouncing on that trampoline pretty much since we got it up, and let me tell you, it has been wonderful!  When it was dinner time, she actually sat at the dinner table until she was done eating!!  Yes, I know that you are thinking, WHAT???  well if you have a child with ADHD/Aspergers, you would understand that this is a great accomplishment!  Oh, I forgot to tell you, I didn't give her any meds today!  She is now sitting on the couch watching the Hobbit with us, not dragging every toy she owns in here, fiddling with them, and picking at her siblings...she is actually sitting and watching!!   I definitely see the use of the trampoline a lot in the future!

What a great day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment