Wednesday, June 5, 2013

SUMMER!!!!


Summer!  I am so happy that school is out and summer break is here!
We still have a crazy schedule, but we make time to enjoy to the outdoors!  
Here are some of my kids, playing in the dirt at the park.  Who needs play equipment or swings???  Just grab a stick or use your finger and start drawing or writing!!  Of course it did help that it had just rained. :-)

We made a trip to the library today, along with all the toddlers in the area!  I love that my kids are avid readers!  My 9 year old and I picked a book to read together, The Diary of Ann Frank.  Plus we chose a few other series to try out:
    
Jon Berkeley's The Hidden Boy
 and


 Patrick Carman's The Land of Elyon Book 1, The Dark Hills Divide.  

 I will let you know what we think!!

So the rest of our summer "hope we get to do" list includes:

Jumping on the trampoline
Swimming
Hiking
Picnics
SnoCones
Movies
1/2 priced shakes after 8! (Sonic)
Crafts
Sewing projects (The boys aren't crazy about this one!)
Reading
LEGO Days!
Sleep overs!
Star gazing!
catching lighting bugs
Maybe camping....:-)

What are you going to do this summer??  We might want to add it to our list!



No comments:

Post a Comment